2019 03: Aromatherapy Newsletter March 2019
Green Valley Aromatherapy – March 2019
I think we should call March the KINDNESS MONTH. We can take the time to listen to people who are suffering on the inside, where it does not show. There are millions of people living daily with acute medical problems that are invisible to others. Having gone through cancer I can attest to this. No one knew I was sick until my hair fell out, creating a visible sign of my illness. During this time I met people at the hospital who looked as though they had just come from a spa treatment, not radiation.
As we are repeatedly told that we look and sound fine, many of us feel guilty about being sick. We talk ourselves into believing that we must be doing something wrong because we are not beating it. The cultural message is that we have the ability to be healthy and it is up to us to pull ourselves together.
What I suffered from was not a chronic illness, but it seemed to take me a long time to recover from it. I used Melissa and Frankincense in my diffuser and had them diffusing most of the time. These are both very calming, anti-depressant and sedative essential oils.
Profile on patchouli essential oil:
I knew about Patchouli essential oil long before I started training in Aromatherapy. Patchouli essential oil became famous in the sixties.
Profile on citrus delight blend:
This new blend was created at the behest of our customers during the dark, winter months. Citrus oils are uplifting and are good to have around if you suffer from depression.
- Eucalyptus Citriodora is gentler then Eucalyptus Globulus with a lemony scent.
- Lemon is an antidepressant, antibacterial and an immuno-stimulant.
- Lime is used for depression and aids the immune system.
- Orange is uplifting, a mild sedative, antidepressant, and is used for nervous tension and stress.
- Cedarwood is calming, and smells lovely.
- Palo Santo is calming, good for aiding meditation and concentration.
- Vanilla, while not an essential oil, blends well with the essential oils and creates a warm, smooth finish to the blend.
Profile on jojoba oil:
Recipe for spring perk-up
Try this diffuser blend recipe when you are in need of a pick-me-up.
- 5 drops Petitgrain essential oil
- 10 drops Orange essential oil
- 5 drops Cinnamon essential oil
- 10 drops Rose Geranium essential oil
Green Valley Aromatherapy Hours
Monday – Variable – please call
Tuesday-Friday 10-5 pm PST
Saturday 11-4 pm PST