Market Report May 2011
There is so much going on in the aromatherapy and essential oil world that we felt an update on the market conditions was necessary. We have received word from a number of sources, including our suppliers, that there continue to be supply problems with a number of essential oils. The usual reasons for supply problems apply here – mostly weather conditions resulting in crop failures, and supply problems usually result in either product shortages, increased prices, or both.
The following products will see price increases in our price list effective June 1st, 2011:
- Eucalyptus Radiata essential oil – there is a shortage of the Radiata type of this essential oil and we are currently unable find a suitable supply.
- Jojoba oil – this product has recently doubled in price.
- Lavender (High Alpine) essential oil – we are currently unable to get any Lavender High Alpine.
- Other price increases: Aniseed essential oil, Camphor essential oil, Clove essential oil, Fennel essential oil, Geranium essential oil, Jasmine essential oil,Palmarosa essential oil, Patchouli essential oil, Pine essential oil and Ylang ylang essential oil.
The following essential oils are ones to watch for in the coming months:
- Orange essential oil – there continues to be an insufficient supply of orange essential oil, leading to higher prices in the near future.
- Lime essential oil – production seems to be lower this year and there may be an increase in price later in 2011.
- Lavender essential oil – like last year there will again be a shortage of Lavender due to poor crops.
- Peppermint essential oil – predictions are that there will be some pressure on the supply of this well used essential oil.
- Other essential oils which will see price changes and possible supply issues in the coming months: Black Pepper essential oil, Cinnamon essential oil, corn mint and Nutmeg essential oil.
2011 Price Lists
Due to all the price changes, we will be issuing a sheet with the revised pricing on June 1st, 2011 and revising our website prices. Where normally we issue our annual price list in September, we will likely be issuing a new full price list in July or August this year. Please watch your emails or Facebook updates for more information.
Please note: prices for many of our essential oil blends will also be affected by these price increases.
*This is educational information and any opinions expressed here-in do not replace professional medical advice. If you are ill, see a suitably qualified medical practitioner.*
All articles on this website are copyright Green Valley Aromatherapy Ltd. If you wish to reprint any article from Green Valley Aromatherapy’s website in your ezine, website, blog, forum, RSS feed or print publication, you must first agree to the conditions of our article reprint policy.