by Kathi Keville and Mindy Green
Aromatherapy: A Complete Guide to the Healing Art. 2nd Edition.
Discover the Art of Aromatherapy. In this Encyclopedic guide to the most fragrant of healing arts, master aromatherapists Kathi Keville and Mindy Green draw on their extensive experience with botanical therapies to provide a one-stop resource for students and practitioners. From cosmetics and perfumes to therapeutics for balancing body, mind and spirit, Aromatherapy will help you harness the healing power of plants to enhance your beauty, health, and overall sense of well-being.
This thoroughly revised and expanded edition includes:
- The history and theory of aromatherapy from ancient uses to modern-day perfumes
- More than 100 formulas for first-aid treatments, medicinals, aphrodisiacs, skin and hair care, massage oils and more
- Updated herbal listings and resources for making your own formulations
- Instructions for extracting and blending essential oils at home
- New sections on Ayurvedic aromatherapy, environmental sustainability, and massage therapy techniques
Kathi Keville is an internationally known herbalist, aromatherapist, and massage therapist, with more than forty years in the field. She is the director of the American Herb Association and author of twelve books.
Mindy Green is an aromatherapist, herbalist, esthetician, educator, and writer who has worked in the natural products industry for more than thirty-five years. She is the clinical aromatherapist for Aveda Corporation.
This book contains 246 pages.