For the teenage, sensitive or troubled skin we’ve included:
- Helichrysum Floral Water (60ml) for gently cleansing sensitive skin
- Carrot Seed essential oil (5ml) which is a great antiseptic and promotes the release of toxins
- Grapefruit essential oil (10ml) which is a diuretic and is a good decongestant for oily and acne prone skin
- Moisturizing base cream (60ml) to add these oils to for healing and calming troubled skin
- Rosehip carrier oil (60ml) which is said to reduce inflammation and regenerate scar tissue. Rosehip oil contains vitamins C and E and a derivative of vitamin A- trans-retinoic acid, a potent anti-inflammatory that helps to heal dermatitis, eczema, or psoriasis.
To learn more about using aromatherapy in skincare, please go to our articles section.
Suggestions for use:
Cleanse skin with the helichrysum floral water. Spray the floral water onto your face and wipe off gently with a tissue or with cotton balls. You can also use this method to freshen up, as this floral water is very mild.
When getting ready for bed after cleaning your skin, put 5mls (1 teaspoon) of rosehip oil onto a saucer; add 3 drops of grapefruit essential oil and 1 drop of carrot seed essential oil. Mix well. Massage this blend gently into face, neck and chest. Give yourself 20 minutes before you go to bed to allow it to soak into your skin, not your pillow.
After a shower (do not use soap on your skin), it is time to moisturize. Put a small amount of moisturizing base cream on your hand (about the size of a dime), add 1 drop of grapefruit essential oil and 1 drop of carrot seed essential oil. Rub hands together to emulsify and massage into face and neck.
You can also premix your cream and carrier oil blends.